Thank you Donna Hay for creating this roasted pumpkin soup
Thank you Donna Hay for creating this roasted pumpkin soupNo comments
Pumpkin soup has got to be up there with some of the tastiest foods ever. Delicious, nutritious and a terrible pain to cook, because peeling a pumpkin can be a little offputting. In steps Donna Hay with the best and easiest pumpkin soup recipe ever. No peeling required and roasting the pumpkin brings out some awesome sweetness
- 1 x 2kg whole butternut pumpkin
- olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt
- 3 1/2 (875ml) cups chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- tabelspoon honey
- sour cream to serve
Serves: 4 Preparation: 2 Cook Time: 60 Total Time: 75min
More recipes like this
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown. Scoop the pumpkin out of the skin into a blender.
- Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender.
- Add 1 cup (250ml) of the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add remaining stock, cream and honey.
- Place over medium heat until soup is heated through.
- Serve with sour cream.
Source: Donna Hay