Perfect roast potatoes
Perfect roast potatoes16 comments
Could your roast potatoes do with being that little bit more golden and crispy? Follow this foolproof recipe to find out the secret to potato perfection.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 tbsp vegetable or olive oil, goose or duck fat or other fat reserved for roasting
- pinch of salt
Serves: 4 Preparation: 10 Cook Time: 75 Total Time: 85min
More recipes like this
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then boil, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, switch the oven to 220C and place the oil or fat in a large roasting tin towards the top of the oven to heat thoroughly.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly (reserving the water for gravy, stock or soup). Return them to the pan in batches and shake vigorously to soften the edges, or you can scratch them with a fork.
- Take the tin from the oven and add the potatoes. Turn them quickly in the oil then cook at the top of the oven for 50-60 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking until crisp and golden on the outside and soft in the centre. Drain and sprinkle with salt. Serve as soon as possible.