14 easy homemade baby food recipes
P.E.A. (Pea, Edamame and Apple)
230g frozen peas
230g frozen edamame (soybeans)
230ml apple juice
Fill a small/medium pan halfway with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. While water is coming to a boil get your 'green veggie shocking station' ready.
- Large bowl filled with ice and cold water. You want as much ice as possible.
- Peel the apples and then remove the seeds and stems with a melon baller. Cut in half and then cut each half into sixths.
- Pour the peas and edamame into the colander. Run cool water over them to get rid of any ice crystals (which will allow the boiling water to come back to a boil faster). Pour the peas, edamame and apple into the boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes on highest heat.
- Pour peas, edamame and apple into the colander. Run cold water over them and pour them into the ice bath. Allow to chill for 3 minutes. Pour back into the colander and pick out any remaining ice.
- Pour mix in the blender and add the apple juice. Puree until smooth. Pour into two ice cube trays. Wrap and freeze.